This is a delicious recipe to try, with thanks to Kikkoman.
- 400g herby sausages
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 fennel bulbs, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 400g tins plum tomatoes
- ½tsp dried chili flakes
- 2tsp dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1tbsp tomato puree
- 3tbsp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
- 500g pack fresh gnocchi
- 100g baby spinach
- Small pack of basil
- Grated parmesan
- Slit open the sausages and remove the meat. Heat a frying pan with the oil over a high heat and cook the meat for 8-10 minutes, breaking it up into small pieces with the back of a wooden spoon. Once golden brown all over, tip on to a plate and set aside.
- Add the onion and fennel to the pan and cook for 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute then add the tinned tomatoes with 200ml water, the chili flakes, oregano, bay leaves, tomato puree and soy sauce. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the gnocchi.
- While the gnocchi is cooking, add the cooked sausage meat to the sauce and stir the spinach through.
- Drain the gnocchi and stir into the sauce with the basil. Remove the bay leaves, divide between four plates and serve with parmesan and black pepper.
Enjoy the convenience of having The Sunday Post delivered as a digital ePaper straight to your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Subscribe for only £5.49 a month and enjoy all the benefits of the printed paper as a digital replica.Subscribe