The cooking time for this delicious Scotch beef noodles recipe is 35 minutes, and it serves four.
- 2 Scotch Beef sirloin steaks (227g each), trimmed and cut into strips
- Salt and pepper
- 200g tenderstem Broccoli
- 100g spring onions, finely chopped
- 150g carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 80g fresh ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Scottish rapeseed oil
- 40g honey
- 40g soy sauce (low salt)
- 30g sesame seeds
- 2 fresh red chilli, sliced
- 200g fine egg noodles, cooked as per pack instructions
- 40g coriander, roughly chopped
- Juice of one lime
Cook the noodles as per pack instructions and drain.
Add the oil to a wok or heavy based pan. Heat until the oil is smoking hot – make sure to watch the pan whilst it heats up.
Carefully add the Scotch Beef sirloin strips to avoid oil spitting. Season and cook for three minutes, moving at all times to brown evenly.
Add the carrot, broccoli, garlic and ginger and cook for a further three minutes.
Add the chilli, spring onion, honey and soy sauce and cook for two minutes until the sauce turns thick and sticky. It should resemble syrup.
Remove the pan from the heat. Add the noodles, sesame, lime juice and coriander to the sauce
Mix together, ensuring the noodles are well coated in the sauce.
For more videos and inspiration, visit scotchkitchen.com
Enjoy the convenience of having The Sunday Post delivered as a digital ePaper straight to your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Subscribe for only £5.49 a month and enjoy all the benefits of the printed paper as a digital replica.Subscribe