Cooking time: 25 minutes Serves: 4-6
- 600g lamb leg steaks, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 6 shallots, peeled and quartered through the root
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 flatbreads, wraps or pitta bread
- a tub of tzatziki
- some slices of tomato and cucumber
- 6 skewers
- Add the lamb to a bowl and mix together with the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic and oregano. Season with a good grind of salt and pepper, stir well and cover with cling film. Leave to marinate in the fridge for a couple of hours, or longer if you have time.
- Heat a barbecue until it’s really hot. You can also cook these indoors on a cast-iron griddle, preheated on the hob until smoking-hot.
- Thread the lamb and shallot quarters on to the skewers and grill for about 8-9 minutes, turning a few times so they cook evenly.
- While the kebabs are cooking, warm the flatbreads or pittas by wrapping them in foil and laying on the grill bars, or warming in the oven.
- Use a fork to pull the meat and shallot from each skewer and on to the centre of each flatbread or stuff inside a pitta. Top with a little tzatziki and a cucumber and tomato salad and tuck in.
Enjoy the convenience of having The Sunday Post delivered as a digital ePaper straight to your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Subscribe for only £5.49 a month and enjoy all the benefits of the printed paper as a digital replica.Subscribe