This delicious recipe has a cooking time of 20 minutes and serves six to eight people.
- 1 x 300g pack Tenderstem broccoli
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large ciabatta loaf, sliced in half lengthways
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- 75g sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- A few sprigs fresh thyme leaves picked and roughly chopped
- 150g Dolcelatte, diced into 2cm pieces
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fire up your barbecue ready for direct grilling.
- Spread the Tenderstem broccoli on a baking sheet and drizzle with half the olive oil. Season with a generous grind of black pepper.
- Drizzle the other half of the oil over the cut sides of the ciabatta. Rest the ciabatta, cut side down, on the barbecue grill bars, and toast until golden – 1 minute or so.
- Remove and rest cut side up on a fireproof baking tray – no plastic or wood handles, preferably not non-stick. Briefly rub the sliced edge of the garlic clove across each piece of toasted ciabatta.
- Spread the Tenderstem broccoli out on the grill bars and cook for around 8-10 minutes, turning regularly until lightly charred. Arrange on top of the ciabatta and sprinkle over the chopped sun dried tomatoes and thyme leaves.
- Scatter on the Dolcelatte and slide the tray onto the grill, slightly away from the fire so the heat is not too fierce. Shut the lid of the barbecue and leave for a few minutes – just long enough for the cheese to start to melt.
- Cut into wedges and eat whilst the cheese is still hot and oozy.
Enjoy the convenience of having The Sunday Post delivered as a digital ePaper straight to your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Subscribe for only £5.49 a month and enjoy all the benefits of the printed paper as a digital replica.Subscribe