Foil Baked Salmon with Honey, Garlic and Thyme
Serves 4 – 6
What you’ll need:
900g side of salmon or 6 pieces of fillet
Oil for greasing
3 tbsp runny honey
2 fat cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
Grated zest of ½ orange
2 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
1 tbsp thyme leaves
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/Fan oven 170C gas mark 5. Lay out a large piece of foil on a baking sheet and grease with a little oil.
2. Place the salmon fillet on the centre of the foil, skin side down. (if using individual fillets put each in a separate parcel.)
3. Whisk the honey, garlic, vinegar, orange zest and juice, thyme leaves and olive oil together. Add salt and pepper.
4. Pull the foil up around the salmon a little bit and pour over the dressing. Carefully seal the foil and leave to stand for 10 minutes before putting in the oven.
5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until just cooked through. Serve immediately with new potatoes and green vegetables
Recipe supplied by Fiona Burrell of The Edinburgh New Town Cookery School – entcs.co.uk
Enjoy the convenience of having The Sunday Post delivered as a digital ePaper straight to your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Subscribe for only £5.49 a month and enjoy all the benefits of the printed paper as a digital replica.Subscribe