Thanks to Lizi’s for this recipe.
- 300ml Vino Cotto dessert wine
- 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 6 ripe peaches, halved and stoned
- 50g golden caster sugar
- 75g flour
- 50g butter
- 60g Lizi’s Granola
- 25g roughly chopped macadamia nuts
- Clotted cream to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C. Place peach halves in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Soak for 45 seconds, remove and take off the skins.
- Mix the Vino Cotto, sugar and vanilla in a jug until sugar melts. Place peaches in shallow baking dish and cover with the liquid mixture. Spoon some liquid into the tops where the stones were so it takes up the flavour.
- To make the crumble topping, put sugar, flour and butter in a bowl and rub together until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add granola and chopped nuts and mix with a spoon.
- Top each peach half with a generous amount of the crumble.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins. Check the dish occasionally to make sure the sauce isn’t catching. If it does, add a splash more Vino Cotto to loosen again.
- Remove from the oven and serve with a generous blob of clotted cream, drizzling the sauce over the crumble top.
Enjoy the convenience of having The Sunday Post delivered as a digital ePaper straight to your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Subscribe for only £5.49 a month and enjoy all the benefits of the printed paper as a digital replica.Subscribe