FOR kids in the family who love to get creative in the kitchen, here’s a great recipe for them to try.
It was created by Jules Reeley, executive chef at Goblin Ha’ restaurant in Gifford and the Aberlady in East Lothian.
It’s a simple traybake that’s great fun to make – children will love bashing up the biscuits! And it’s totally moreish, too, especially if you chill it before eating.
4 tbsp golden syrup
225g milk chocolate
225g digestive biscuits (crushed)
2 large bars Nestle Aero Peppermint (or mint chocolate bars), crushed
350g white chocolate
- Melt the butter, syrup and milk chocolate together.
- Add the biscuits and three-quarters of the crushed Aero.
- Mix together and press in to a lined baking tray measuring 20cm x 30cm.
- Leave to cool.
- Melt the white chocolate slowly, stirring occasionally.
- Spread over the base mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining crushed chocolate over the white chocolate.
- Allow to cool and then cut in to squares or bars.
Enjoy the convenience of having The Sunday Post delivered as a digital ePaper straight to your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Subscribe for only £5.49 a month and enjoy all the benefits of the printed paper as a digital replica.Subscribe