RANGERS are mulling over moves for a striker who just missed out on the Euros, plus a keeper still very much part of it.
Walsall striker Tom Bradshaw, who was in Wales’ provisional squad for France but had to withdraw because of a calf injury, is a long-term target of the Light Blues.
The 23-year-old was tracked by Light Blues head of recruitment, Frank McParland, in League One action throughout last season, during which he scored 20 goals.
The subject of a rejected £450,000 bid from an unnamed English Championship club last season, he has just gone into the final year of his deal and is now thought to be available for a fee of some £750,000.
Speaking back in November after McParland was spotted at a Walsall match, Rangers manager Mark Warburton said of Bradshaw: “We know the player, and he is very talented.
“There are a number of them there in League One. We know him very well but Frank was just watching the game.”
Warburton is understood to be likewise keen on Northern Ireland goalkeeper Michael McGovern, who will be his country’s last line of defence against Poland in Nice tonight.
A free agent after reaching the end of his Hamilton Accies deal at the end of the season, the 31-year-old has repeatedly insisted he will wait until after the Euros is over to settle his club future.
Formerly on Celtic’s books, he left the Hoops in 2008 without playing for the first team but has subsequently made 250 appearances in separate spells with Ross County, Falkirk and Accies.
While that potential deal may have to wait until the end of Northern Ireland’s involvement in the Euros, Rangers fans may get quicker news on the pursuit of Euro 2008 and 2012 star, Nico Kranjcar. Warburton held talks with the Croat in the United States last month.
Already confirmed as new arrivals are Joey Barton, Jordan Rossiter, formerly of Liverpool, and Accrington Stanley pair Matt Crooks and Josh Windass.
Meanwhile, Israeli internationalist Eitan Tibi has turned down the chance to sign for Rangers in favour of a lucrative new deal at Maccabi Tel Aviv.
The 28-year-old central defender was out of contract with Maccabi and the Ibrox club made him an offer.
But the 20-times capped stopper opted to sign a new contract in Israel after they offered him a new four-year deal on a reported £8,000-a-week.
Maccabi chief executive Martin Bain, the former Rangers chief who is moving to a similar role at Sunderland next month, admitted he was delighted he had secured the signing of Tibi.
Bain said: “Eitan had offers from other teams, but the fact we have secured him on a long-term contract says a lot about the ambitions of this club.
“He will be a key player in the coming years.”
Enjoy the convenience of having The Sunday Post delivered as a digital ePaper straight to your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Subscribe for only £5.49 a month and enjoy all the benefits of the printed paper as a digital replica.Subscribe