Preparation is key to protect your assets from care home fees – but don’t wait to organise a Power of Attorney until you need it.
ILAWS Scotland advises that you should have this in place now so that it acts as a security blanket if and when you should ever need it.
As you will discover below there are ‘6 reasons why you should have a Power of Attorney’, and if you don’t arrange a PoA now when you are fit and able to do so, it might be too late to arrange one if you become ill or incapacitated.
That’s because, the average time it takes for a PoA to be concluded is around 14 weeks. It doesn’t bear thinking about.
Making these decisions now could protect you, your home and the future of your partner/spouse and children.
And if you need some guidance, ILAWS Scotland can help. They are on hand to offer free, no obligation advice about your finances and protecting your home.
6 reasons why you should organise a Power of Attorney:
- Your trusted family members can act on your behalf and make important decisions for you when you are unable to.
- A PoA helps your partner or spouse remain financially strong. It will also protect you and your spouse’s welfare in a care home.
- Without PoA in place a hospital can make your medical decisions for you – and sometimes medics won’t administer treatment if there is any risk to you, even if your spouse or children wish them to do so.
- Without POA, you could lose access to your bank account which would mean being unable to pay bills.
- If you don’t arrange a PoA now when you are fit and able to do so, it might be too late to arrange one if you become ill or incapacitated. Remember, the average time it takes for a PoA to be concluded is around 14 weeks.
- ILAWS Scotland is arranging Power of Attorneys for the special price of £200*. Usually companies charge up to £500 for this important legal document. Call 0800 049 9688 to set one up.
*plus a Court Registration Fee of £79
Contact ILAWS Scotland by clicking here or calling Freephone 0800 049 9688. The estate planning experts are also able to organise other legal documents for you and your family, including a Will.
Enjoy the convenience of having The Sunday Post delivered as a digital ePaper straight to your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Subscribe for only £5.49 a month and enjoy all the benefits of the printed paper as a digital replica.Subscribe