When it comes to purchasing a new roof, there is only one name that should spring to mind, Planwell Roofing Supplies. That’s because the company has been manufacturing and supplying high quality, yet affordable, metal roofing across Scotland for three decades – and this year celebrates its 30th anniversary.
One of Scotland’s top roofing manufacturers, Buckie-based Planwell was established back in 1989 as part of the John Duncan group of companies and, today, this family business is still owned and run by two of the Duncan brothers, Murray and Mark.
To begin with, Planwell began marketing and selling metal roofing, and buying in pre-made roofing sheets to supply with the flashings which they manufactured.
Then 10 years later, in 1999, the company invested £1million to build a new factory and purchase computerised plant and equipment to help the business expand. That was crucial to its success, as it then became a ‘roofing manufacturer’, doing everything in-house, and was able to expand the services provided and the areas delivered to, thanks to more lorries being added to its fleet.
In the years that followed, Planwell continued to expand and improve its range of roofing products meaning it now provides an even greater choice at more competitive prices for the customer.
As well as supplying quality products, it’s the firm’s excellent customer service that encourages people to recommend Planwell time and time again. With roofing solutions that are built to last, a Planwell roof comes with a written guarantee, so you should never need to replace it.
Mark Duncan, director of Planwell, said: “One of our customers once said to me ‘Do you realise you are selling one of the very few products that actually lasts a lifetime?’ That’s because our Permaroof metal roofing is maintenance free and designed to last for decades
“We use Swedish metal supplier, SSAB (Swedish Steel); all of their products are of the highest quality, are guaranteed and are designed to last a lifetime.
“On our doorstep in Buckie, my brother and I installed a metal roof at the church hall 35 years ago, and it’s just like new!”
Brother Murray added: “Just a few weeks ago we had a customer from Elgin who said he was ordering his second roof – his first roof he bought from us was 25 years ago and that again it still looked like new.”
There are exciting plans in the future. In the company’s 30th anniversary year, the Duncan brothers are, as always, looking ahead and plans are being put in place to further expand and improve Planwell and the services it provides in the months and years to come.
Read on to discover the many reasons why you need a Planwell roof for your home, garage, shed, caravan, hall or business premises:
1. Modern & attractive:
- It completely modernises the property
- There are up to nine colour choices
- Roof gives your premises a fresh new look
2. Low cost:
- Great value for money with prices from only £7.90 (plus VAT) per square metre
- Upgrade your property and fit an insulated roof from £18.00 (plus VAT) per square metre
3. Easy to install:
- Panels suit your individual requirements
- Very simple to fit
- Planwell supply all customers with a free fitting guide, fixing socket for their self-drill screws, and gloves
4. Strong but lightweight:
- Planwell roofs are screwed down
- They survive storms when others don’t
- Lightweight Planwell roofs pose no risks to house structure
5. Made to measure:
- Planwell makes the metal roof sheeting
- Orders tailored to customers’ exact requirements
6. Guaranteed to last a lifetime:
- Roofs are maintenance free for 30-40 years
- Roofs have a sheet life expectancy of 40-plus years
- Written 10 and 20 year guarantees available
7. Customer service that’s second to none:
- Planwell supply customers with a small tin of touch-up paint
- Extra fixings are also supplied
- Company delivers straight to your door
*If you are looking for a new roof, and wish to discuss your options, Planwell provides a free quotation service and free, professional advice. To take advantage of the company’s expertise, visit the Planwell website by clicking here
**To find out more about Planwell, click here to view the video.