Six by Nico’s latest menu concept is set to take diners on a culinary adventure across Europe.
The popular restaurants in Edinburgh and Glasgow will bring to life flavours and delicacies based on the route taken by the famous Orient Express.
Once the favoured means of travel for dignitaries and aristocrats between Paris and Istanbul, the luxury train journey took in stops including Strasbourg, Munich, Milan and Vienna.
Guests dining at Six by Nico are invited to board the gastronomic journey from Tuesday 16th April – Sunday 26th May with a tasting menu including:
- Paris – Tomato Tartare, Gin Pickled Shallot, Egg Yolk Jam
- Strasbourg – Spatzle, Black Truffle, Chestnut Mushroom, Hazelnut Pesto
- Munich – Smoked Kartoffelpuffer, Sauerkraut & Burnt Apple Puree
- Milan – Ricotta Anglotti, Peperonata, Lemon Emulsion, Olive & Caper Dressing
- Vienna – White Asparagus, Chicken Schnitzel, Preserved Lemon, Jersey Royal Potato Salad
- Istanbul (dessert) – Pistachio Parfait, Roasted Apricot, Orange blossom, Yoghurt Sorbet.
Chef Nico Simeone said: “The legendary long-distance train—which discontinued its Paris-Istanbul service in 1977—has been brought back to life in our latest menu concept.
“Orient Express is a culinary extravaganza and consistent with each host city, reflecting those destinations.”
The menu is priced at £28 per person and a vegetarian alternative is available for every course.
Visit www.sixbynico.co.uk for more information.