ALAN STUBBS has stood firm on his stance that he will not raid former club Hibernian for their players after Rotherham were linked with striker Jason Cummings.
Stubbs, who swapped Easter Road for the Millers last month, said after his appointment at the Sky Bet Championship club that he has no interest in signing any of his former players, insisting it was not “morally right”.
That has not stopped the 20-year-old striker, who flourished under Stubbs, being linked with a move south of the border, with reports emerging earlier this week that the two clubs had been in contact.
However, Stubbs has insisted that his opinion has not changed and ruled out a move for Cummings.
He said: “I’ve said all along that I wouldn’t go back to Hibs for players and I’m not about to change my mind on that.
“I know we’ve been linked to Jason over the last few days but it’s certainly not coming from us.”
Cummings, who bagged 25 goals for Hibs last season in the Scottish Championship, now looks set to sign a new deal at Easter Road.
New Hibs boss Neil Lennon said earlier in the week: “I’m hoping to get the Cummings negotiations finished off quickly. If we can, that will be another boost to the squad.
“We’re under no pressure to sell him so I’m not worried about any rumours at all.
“I think he’s happy here and he knows he’s wanted. I’m still getting to know him but he has an infectious personality.”
Cummings made his debut for Hibs as an 18-year-old in 2013 and has over 100 appearances to his name, with Stubbs getting the best out of him last season.
Enjoy the convenience of having The Sunday Post delivered as a digital ePaper straight to your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Subscribe for only £5.49 a month and enjoy all the benefits of the printed paper as a digital replica.Subscribe