Glasgow’s health board blamed helicopters for stirring up pigeon droppings at a hospital where two patients died after contracting a fungal infection linked to bird excrement.
Queen Elizabeth University Hospital
Inspectors have raised concerns about cleanliness and infection prevention at Scotland’s flagship hospital.
A man is in hospital after he was found with head injuries outside a petrol station in the early hours of Saturday.
PATIENTS waiting to access out-of-hours GP services at the troubled Queen Elizabeth University Hospital were sent to the other side of Glasgow due to a staffing shortage.
Two premature babies have died and a third is in a stable condition after an infection was found at a hospital neonatal unit.
Families of young cancer victims say there is a climate of chaos, fear, confusion and secrecy at the £842m Glasgow super hospital
FAMILIES of young cancer patients at the hospital where a 10-year-old boy died after being infected by pigeon droppings have revealed a climate of fear, confusion and official secrecy in the wards.
Inside Ward 6: Expert says moving children to protect them may have put them in the way of greater risk
THE decision to move the young patients into adult wards may have inadvertently placed them at greater risk, believes Scotland’s leading microbiologist.
Inside Ward 6: Patient says they raised the alarm a year ago, and asks why nothing was done until now
A PATIENT who raised the alarm about the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital’s pigeon problem almost a year ago spoke yesterday of his anger and dismay at managers’ failure to take action before a young boy died of a related infection.
The Scottish health secretary has said she does not believe reports that nearly half of the country’s hospitals have not been inspected for safety or cleanliness.
Death of ten-year-old boy after infection linked to pigeon droppings at Glasgow hospital investigated
PROSECUTORS are investigating the death of a 10-year-old boy at Scotland's flagship hospital after he contracted an infection linked to pigeon droppings.
Prosecutors are investigating the death of a 10-year-old boy at Scotland’s flagship hospital after he contracted an infection linked to pigeon droppings.