Mercedes boss Toto Wolff has revealed he contracted Covid-19 earlier this month.
The 49-year-old said he tested positive for the virus during a skiing trip to Kitzbuhel in his native Austria.
Wolff spent 10 days in quarantine and reported barely any symptoms. He continued to work throughout his isolation period.
Lewis Hamilton missed the penultimate round of the season in Bahrain after testing positive for Covid-19.
In all, five Formula One drivers – a quarter of the 20-strong grid – have tested positive for the virus.
Team principal Wolff remains in discussions with Hamilton over the seven-time world champion’s contract extension.
Hamilton, 36, is training in America ahead of his title defence which is due to begin in Bahrain on March 28.
Speaking to Austrian broadcaster ORF, Wolff said: “The lawyers are working hard.
“We don’t make life easy for them when we both argue over Zoom and keep sending them curveballs. But Lewis is in America now, and I’m here, and at some point we will finalise it.”
Last week, Hamilton alluded to his contract negotiations by writing on Instagram that there is “a lot of work ongoing in the background” and “many moving parts”.
Enjoy the convenience of having The Sunday Post delivered as a digital ePaper straight to your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Subscribe for only £5.49 a month and enjoy all the benefits of the printed paper as a digital replica.Subscribe