The sister of a man who was stabbed to death at an illegal rave has urged people to break their silence and come forward with information about his death.
Jason Nyarko, 26, died after an incident at a warehouse in Bermondsey, south-east London, on Saturday June 26.
The Metropolitan Police have said anyone who attended the unlicensed event will not “get in any kind of trouble” if they come forward.
Officers were called at around 11.45pm following reports that a man had been stabbed inside an industrial unit in Stockholm Road.
Despite the efforts of the emergency services, Mr Nyarko was pronounced dead at the scene a short time later.
Investigators have released images of a number of potential witnesses they would like to speak to, and are keen to hear from anyone who may have seen or filmed any arguments or fights at the warehouse.
Detective Chief Inspector Brian Howie, from the Met’s Specialist Crime Command, said: “While we have made progress with our investigation, we know there are a lot of people who were there that evening who have not yet come forward.
“We know that there may be some reluctance to speak to us because this was an unlicensed music event which took place during Covid.
“I have a very clear message for anyone worried about this – you will not get in any kind of trouble for attending this rave.”
He continued: “You might think what you saw or heard that evening is not relevant to us.
“That is not the case. Any information you have, no matter how insignificant you believe it to be, could prove vital to our investigation.”
Mr Nyarko’s family said the incident has devastated their lives and urged people to “do the right thing”.
His sister, Goldie Nyarko, said: “It has been extremely difficult to face what has now become our reality and to accept and come to terms with what happened to Jason.
“To be honest we don’t think we ever will.
“Losing Jason has ripped apart our family, devastated our lives and has left us heartbroken.
“Words will never be enough to convey how painful each day without our Jason is.
“Not only was Jason a twin, a brother, a son, an uncle, a cousin and a nephew, he was the one who kept the family strong and together.
“He was loved by so many and the impact of his death has left so many broken. Twenty-six years of happiness – that’s all we had.
“Even though we will never get Jason back, he deserves justice for what happened to him that evening.
“We know a lot of people have not come forward and we need those people to do so.
“Please just do the right thing. Jason went for a night out and never came back home.
“We never got to say goodbye. Someone chose to senselessly take his life away in the most horrific way.”
Anyone who attended the event and has information can call the Met incident room on 020 8721 4205.
Enjoy the convenience of having The Sunday Post delivered as a digital ePaper straight to your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Subscribe for only £5.49 a month and enjoy all the benefits of the printed paper as a digital replica.Subscribe