LIKE cheesecake? Bit of a chocaholic? Then you simply must make this week’s recipe.
It needs a bit of advance planning, as you need Monty Bojangles truffles – you can find them in Tesco, Morrison’s and Co-op stores.
You also need granola to make the base, or you can use digestive biscuits.
As the cheesecake needs to set overnight, it’s best toprepare it the day before you actually need it.
175g Monty Bojangles’ Cookie Moon Truffles
280g cream cheese
150g caster sugar
1 tbsp custard powder
3 large eggs
3 large egg yolks
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas mark 4/350F.
2. Process or combine granola with the butter until well mixed. Tip into a 23cm spring form tin. Press well into the bottom of the tin to make an even base and put into the freezer.
3. Melt the truffles in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Cool.
4. Whip the cream cheese with the sugar and custard powder until smooth, then beat in the eggs and egg yolks. Stir in the yoghurt.
5. Add this mixture to the melted chocolate and mix to a smooth batter.
6. Remove base from freezer and line the outside of the tin with a layer of cling film, then a layer of foil. Sit the tin in a roasting pan and pour in the cheesecake filling.
7. Fill the roasting pan with just-boiled water to come about halfway up the cake tin and bake in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour.
8. The top of the cheesecake should be set with a wobble underneath. Remove the wrappers and set on a rack to cool. Place in the fridge and leave to set overnight.
9. Remove from fridge 30 minutes before serving.
Enjoy the convenience of having The Sunday Post delivered as a digital ePaper straight to your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Subscribe for only £5.49 a month and enjoy all the benefits of the printed paper as a digital replica.Subscribe