Have you got some heels and crusts of bread kicking around? Transform your leftovers into a mouth-watering treat.
Thanks to Jason’s Bread (available at Marks & Spencer) for this fantastic recipe.
Cooking time: 15 to 20 minutes, serves two.
- 2 slices of left-over sourdough bread
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Remove the crusts from thick slices of sourdough bread.
- Whisk together the egg, sugar and cinnamon in a medium sized bowl.
- Dunk the bread slices into the egg mixture one at a time, and leave to soak for five minutes.
- Remove the bread from the egg mixture and cook in a waffle maker. If you don’t have one, fry each slice in a pan for five minutes each side to make French toast.
- Drizzle over lots of maple syrup and add your favourite toppings.
Enjoy the convenience of having The Sunday Post delivered as a digital ePaper straight to your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Subscribe for only £5.49 a month and enjoy all the benefits of the printed paper as a digital replica.Subscribe