Cooking time: 45 minutes, Serves: 6
For the base:
- 800g frozen mixed berries – we’ve used blueberries, strawberries and raspberries
- 60g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 3 tbsp water
For the topping:
- 2 tbsp Linwoods Health Foods milled flaxseed plus 6 tbsp water
- 100g plain flour
- 80g ground almonds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 60g vegan butter, cold and finely diced
- 60ml cold, non-dairy milk of choice
- 50g soft brown sugar
- Add berries to a pot over a medium heat. Bring to the boil and then simmer for five minutes to break down the berries a little and allow the sugar to dissolve.
- Add the cornstarch mixture and quickly mix to prevent clumping. Allow to simmer for five minutes to thicken.
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350F).
- Mix together flaxseeds and water and set to one side for five minutes to make your flax “eggs”.
- Meanwhile, blitz together flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground almonds and butter in a food processor to combine.
- Add the cold milk, flax “eggs” and brown sugar and blitz to combine. Divide the dough into six to eight patties.
- Place the berry mixture into an oven safe dish. Place cobbler topping on top and bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden and the berries are bubbling.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving. Store any leftovers in the fridge for up to three days.
For more recipes, visit linwoodshealthfoods.com
Enjoy the convenience of having The Sunday Post delivered as a digital ePaper straight to your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Subscribe for only £5.49 a month and enjoy all the benefits of the printed paper as a digital replica.Subscribe