This delicious soup is the cream of the crop, and the recipe serves four.
Recipe by Carina Contini, owner of Contini George Street, Edinburgh; Cannonball Restaurant & Bar, Castlehill, Edinburgh; and The Scottish Cafe & Restaurant, Edinburgh.
- 1 kg celeriac, peeled and chopped into small chunks
- 100g unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 leek, very finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, very finely chopped
- 1 litre hot water or stock
- 200ml double cream
- Salt and pepper to season
- Choose a deep soup pot and melt the butter and oil.
- Add the onions, celery and leeks and cook until super soft. Don’t let them burn. Add the celeriac and season well. Add the water or stock and cover with a lid.
- Simmer gently for about 30 minutes until all the vegetables are soft and almost falling apart.
- Remove from the heat and blend in a food processor until smooth. Return to the pot, check the seasoning and add the cream.
Enjoy the convenience of having The Sunday Post delivered as a digital ePaper straight to your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Subscribe for only £5.49 a month and enjoy all the benefits of the printed paper as a digital replica.Subscribe