This delightful recipe serves one.
- 50g fresh rice noodles
- 5ml olive oil
- 5g brown sugar
- 150g skinless chicken breast, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 50g fresh bean sprouts
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Juice of ½ lime , plus a wedge to serve
- 10ml light soy sauce
- 10ml fish sauce
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium egg
- 10g unsalted peanuts, crushed
- Small handful of freshly chopped coriander
- Black pepper
- Half-fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Add the noodles and simmer for four to six minutes until tender. Drain and set aside.
- While the noodles are cooking, put a medium frying pan over a medium heat, then add the oil, brown sugar, chicken and garlic powder. Cook for five minutes.
- Reduce the heat, then add the bean sprouts, spring onions, lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce and red chilli, then season with pepper and cook for a further five minutes.
- Crack in the egg and stir thoroughly for three to four minutes.
- Plate up the noodles, followed by the chicken mixture, garnishing with the crushed peanuts, lime wedge and chopped coriander.
The Fitness Chef: Still Tasty by Graeme Tomlinson, photography by Hannah Pemberton, is published by Ebury Press, priced £16.99
Enjoy the convenience of having The Sunday Post delivered as a digital ePaper straight to your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Subscribe for only £5.49 a month and enjoy all the benefits of the printed paper as a digital replica.Subscribe