AFTER seeing their star man crowned PFA Player of the Year, Liverpool will bat away any interest from other clubs in Mohamed Salah, the Daily Mail says.
The 25-year-old’s incredible form is said to have once again alerted Real Madrid to the forward. But despite a possible value of up to £200million, the Reds want to keep the “Egyptian king” at Anfield in the hope he can build on this season’s 43 goal tally.
With the end of the season drawing closer, speculation is rife over who will replace Arsene Wenger at Arsenal. Following the manager’s announcement last week that he would be stepping down at the end of the season, several possible successors have been named on a shortlist – but Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone says he isn’t one of them. According to the Mirror, the manager says he has had no contact with the Gunners over stepping into the role – and is happy to stay with the Spanish club.
New York City boss and former Arsenal player Patrick Vieira, however, is said to be open to a return to the Emirates, The Times says. Despite admitting to being happy in New York, the 41-year-old believes he is ready to coach in Europe, the paper reports. It is thought his successes overseas have not gone unnoticed by the bosses as Arsenal, where Vieira made his name under Wenger two decades ago.
Roma midfielder Radja Nainggolan could spark a battle between Arsenal, Manchester United and Chelsea come the summer transfer window, The Sun reports. Amid interest from United and the Blues, the Gunners are now said to have joined the race, with the prospect of Luis Enrique possibly taking the helm at Arsenal fuelling rumours of Nainggolan’s move to the Emirates. Enrique has long admired the 29-year-old.
Ones to watch
Jorginho: The Napoli midfielder is wanted by both Manchester United and Manchester City, according to the Daily Star. With Yaya Toure’s departure from the Etihad looking likely at the end of the season, City are said to be on the look out for a replacement, while United appear to want to bolster their midfield options. It is thought the 26-year-old’s signature could cost the clubs up to £50million.
Ryan Sessegnon: Fulham’s 17-year-old full-back is on the radar of Manchester United, The Times says. Jose Mourinho is said to be on the hunt for a new full-back this summer and Sessegnon is among those United have been watching all season, according to the paper. The youngster has impressed with a number of accolades this month including Championship Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year.
Enjoy the convenience of having The Sunday Post delivered as a digital ePaper straight to your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Subscribe for only £5.49 a month and enjoy all the benefits of the printed paper as a digital replica.Subscribe