Thanks to Meatless Farm for this delightful recipe.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 pack of Meatless Farm sausages, each cut in half
- 4 chestnuts, finely chopped
- 4 sage leaves, shredded
- Half a pack of ready-made puff pastry
- 1 egg and a little milk for brushing – you could also use coconut oil to keep the recipe vegan
- Roll out the pastry into a 30cm x 15cm rectangle.
- Cut into 5cm strips down the long side of the pastry, giving you six 15cm x 5cm long strips.
- Cut each strip in half on a diagonal from one corner to the other.
- Separate the triangles of pastry and lay them out in front of you with the 5cm wide end closest to you.
- Give the halved sausages a little roll between your hands to create a chipolata shape.
- Place a sausage on the widest section and roll away from you. Brush the pastry with egg and milk or the coconut oil if keeping it vegan.
- Top each pastry roll with chopped chestnuts and a sprinkle of sage, a pinch of sea salt and a twist of pepper.
- Leave in the fridge until required.
- When you’re read to cook, bake in the oven at 180C for 12-15 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
Enjoy the convenience of having The Sunday Post delivered as a digital ePaper straight to your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Subscribe for only £5.49 a month and enjoy all the benefits of the printed paper as a digital replica.Subscribe