These cookies take only 25 minutes to cook and serve six people.
- 125g plain ﬂour
- 75g butter
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can (415g) Del Monte Peach Slices in Juice, drained
- Zest of half a lemon
- Icing sugar to serve
- Cut the peach slices into small cubes and put in a saucepan with the lemon zest and one tbsp of sugar. Cook over medium heat until it turns into a jam-like texture. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. In a bowl or food processor, mix the ﬂour, remaining sugar, butter and vanilla extract into a soft dough. Let the mixture rest for five minutes.
- Place the dough on a ﬂoured work surface and ﬂatten with your hands. Cut into 12 balls, place on a baking sheet covered with greaseproof paper, and press your thumb in the centre of each to make a hollow.
- Bake for around eight minutes or until they start to become golden at the base. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Once the cookies are room temperature, add the peach jam into a piping bag and fill the centre. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
Thanks to Del Monte for the recipe