Cooking time: 30 mins Serves: 4
- 400g minced Scottish lamb
- 200g Macsween traditional haggis, crumbled
- 5g finely chopped red chilli
- 1tsp cumin powder
- 2tsp coriander powder
- ½tsp cinnamon powder
- 10g fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt & freshly milled black pepper
- Mix together all the ingredients until well combined.
- Divide into 8 x 80 gram balls, then roll out like a sausage.
- Thread on to four skewers (bamboo or metal) brush with oil, and season.
- To cook on a griddle, heat the pan until very hot, cook for 3 to 4 mins each side. Alternatively, pop on barbecue until cooked through. Don’t turn until they are well sealed or the meat will stick to the grill or pan.
- Season and set aside.
- Serve with yoghurt raita, basmati rice and flatbreads as a main, or with a chilli dip or chipotle paste.
For more summer and barbecue recipes, visit macsween.co.uk
Enjoy the convenience of having The Sunday Post delivered as a digital ePaper straight to your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Subscribe for only £5.49 a month and enjoy all the benefits of the printed paper as a digital replica.Subscribe