Jess Glynne has been forced to cancel her upcoming appearance at TRNSMT for medical reasons.
The star was due to perform at the Glasgow music festival on Sunday July 14 but has taken advice from her throat surgeon not to make the trip.
In a statement, the Hold My Hand singer said: “I know many of my fans feel I let them down so badly when I pulled out of the Isle of Wight festival but the reason I knew I just wasn’t going to be able to make that performance has now been made clear to me by my doctor, Dr Zeitels.
“Basically he told me I have been completely overdoing everything. In the last six months I’ve performed almost 100 shows, I’ve pushed through at times when I know I’ve been tired and overstretched and I got to breaking point, my voice literally got to breaking point. The thing is I am my voice. If my voice goes, I go.”
The 29-year-old has been on tour with the Spice Girls in recent weeks and cancelled her appearance at the Isle of Wight festival earlier this month just minutes before she was due to take to the stage.
Organisers criticised her behaviour after finding out she had partied with the band into the early hours of the morning of the festival performance.
Glynne said: “It is true that I went out and celebrated the end of the Spice tour. That was a massive high for me and I wanted to mark it with the women who’d become friends and mentors to me. But I had also been suffering on and off for weeks with anxiety about my voice.”
She added: “It wasn’t right. I wasn’t sounding my best and I felt there was something wrong.
“Two days ago I came to Boston to see my surgeon who told me my vocal chord has haemorrhaged and that if I wanted to remain as a performer I needed to urgently take a break, rest my voice completely for the next 10 days and try and remain in total silence to give my vocal chords a chance to recover.”
— Jess Glynne (@JessGlynne) June 27, 2019
Glynne said she feels “so privileged” to have fans come out to see her and that she never wants to be “less than 100 percent”.
She concluded: “I am so devastated to be letting anyone down but I want you to know the full truth of my situation so you understand why I have to do this.
“All I know is I have to go away, look after my voice and come back stronger, better and be the performer my fans truly deserve.”
An announcement on who will be joining the TRNSMT bill in place of Jess Glynne will be made in the coming days.
Festival Director Geoff Ellis said: “We are very sorry to hear about Jess’ health issue which means she can no longer play at this year’s TRNSMT Festival. She’s such a hard working artist and we fully understand why she’s had to make this regrettable decision.
“We wish Jess all the best and look forward to seeing her back in Scotland soon. We hope to announce her replacement at TRNSMT in the next few days.”
Glynne is the second act to be forced to pull out of the festival in the past week.
Snow Patrol cancelled their planned appearance, also on the Sunday date, as their piano and guitar player Johnny Mcdaid faces surgery for a neck issue.
Lewis Capaldi joined the line-up in their place.