These delicious treats take one hour to make, and the recipe is enough for ten portions.
For more recipes, visit maplefromcanada.co.uk
- 30g cocoa powder
- 60g strong wholemeal flour
- 60g sunflower spread
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust taste)
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 40g strawberries, cut into smaller pieces if large
- 40g raspberries
- Preheat oven to 180C and prepare a baking tin with parchment or non-stick spray.
- Mix the cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and flour together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the sunflower spread, maple syrup and eggs together, adding one egg at a time.
- Add wet ingredients to the bowl with the dry ingredients, mix together well then fold in the berries.
- Spread the mixture onto the tray and cook for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Use a knife in the centre to check if it’s done – it should come out clean
- Slice into bars and serve or store in the refrigerator.
Enjoy the convenience of having The Sunday Post delivered as a digital ePaper straight to your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Subscribe for only £5.49 a month and enjoy all the benefits of the printed paper as a digital replica.Subscribe