Cooking time: 15 minutes. Serves: 1.
- 40g butter
- 5 fresh sage leaves
- 150g small broad beans (either fresh ones you’ve shelled or frozen)
- 150g gnocchi
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to season
- Grated Parmesan cheese to serve
- Bring a pan of water to the boil.
- Meanwhile, put the butter and sage leaves in a small saucepan and place over a low heat.
- Melt the butter slowly and allow it to brown, around 5 to 7 minutes – the sage leaves will crisp up on their own. Then turn down the heat as low as it will go.
- Add a pinch of salt and the broad beans to the boiling water, and boil for 3 minutes. Now add the gnocchi. Cook everything for a further 2 or 3 minutes until the gnocchi are rising to the surface of the water, then drain in a colander.
- Add the gnocchi and beans to the brown butter and sage. Mix gently over a very low heat, then add a squeeze of lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Turn everything into a shallow bowl and sprinkle generously with Parmesan before tucking in.
Solo Food by Janneke Vreugdenhil, published by HQ, is available now.