Cooking time: 15 minutes. Serves: 1.
- 40g butter
- 5 fresh sage leaves
- 150g small broad beans (either fresh ones you’ve shelled or frozen)
- 150g gnocchi
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to season
- Grated Parmesan cheese to serve
- Bring a pan of water to the boil.
- Meanwhile, put the butter and sage leaves in a small saucepan and place over a low heat.
- Melt the butter slowly and allow it to brown, around 5 to 7 minutes – the sage leaves will crisp up on their own. Then turn down the heat as low as it will go.
- Add a pinch of salt and the broad beans to the boiling water, and boil for 3 minutes. Now add the gnocchi. Cook everything for a further 2 or 3 minutes until the gnocchi are rising to the surface of the water, then drain in a colander.
- Add the gnocchi and beans to the brown butter and sage. Mix gently over a very low heat, then add a squeeze of lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Turn everything into a shallow bowl and sprinkle generously with Parmesan before tucking in.
Solo Food by Janneke Vreugdenhil, published by HQ, is available now.
Enjoy the convenience of having The Sunday Post delivered as a digital ePaper straight to your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Subscribe for only £5.49 a month and enjoy all the benefits of the printed paper as a digital replica.Subscribe