Hearing from the experts at Angus-based Gin Bothy, here are 7 excellent tipples to try your hand at making this month.
Shaker and ice at the ready, an excellent, fruity number is up first.
1. Blueberry Bramble
A bit of a showstopper.
- Gin Bothy Original Gin – 50 ml
- Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice – 20 ml
- Sugar Syrup – 15 ml
- Tonic Water (try Pomegranate & Basil or Cucumber & Watermelon)
- Drizzle of Gin Bothy Blueberry Liqueur
- Fresh Blueberries
1 Mix with tonic in a Boston shaker with ice.
2 Pour into a glass and drizzle with the Gin Bothy Blueberry Liqueur.
3 Add four blueberries to a cocktail stick and over the glass to garnish.
2. Stirrup Cup Classic
Enjoy some of the finest Scottish flavours.
- Gin Bothy Stirrup Cup Gin – 50 ml
- Sparkling Apple Juice
- Bob’s Bitters Lavender – a few drops
- Apple or Fresh Gorse Flowers
1 Add ice to a long serve glass.
2 Pour over the Gin Bothy Stirrup Cup Gin.
3 Add the sparkling apple juice.
4 Add a couple of drops of Bob’s Bitters Lavender.
5 Garnish with an apple fan or fresh gorse flowers.
3. Thai Chilli Mojito
Add some wonderful flavour and finishing touches with chilli, mint leaves and coriander.
- Gin Bothy Chilli Liqueur – 50 ml
- Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice – 20 ml
- Aperol – 15 ml
- Tonic Water
- Mint Leaves, Coriander Leaves and Chilli Slices
1 Add the mint leaves, coriander and chilli slices to a highball glass.
2 Add the Gin Bothy Liqueur, Aperol and lime juice, muddle together.
3 Add crushed ice, stir with a long stirrer and top up with tonic water.
4 Garnish with a little chilli, mint leaves and coriander.
4. Rhubarb Mule
Perfect for the closing chapters of a memorable meal.
- Gin Bothy Rhubarb Liqueur – 35 ml
- Ginger Beer
- Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
- Cinnamon Stick
1 Gin Bothy Rhubarb Liqueur to a glass with crushed ice.
2 Top up with ginger beer.
3 Finish with a squeeze of lime.
4 Garnish with a cinnamon stick.
Inspired? Browse our Gin Bothy Collection over at the DC Thomson Shop. Click here for more information.
5. Bothy Spice
A dark chocolate straw or a Mint Matchmaker adds some ‘wow factor’.
- Gin Bothy Chilli Liqueur – 35 ml
- Tonic Water or Lemonade
- Dark Chocolate Straw or Mint Matchmaker
- A Sprig of Fresh Mint and Fresh Chilli
1 Add the Gin Bothy Chilli Liqueur to a glass with crushed ice.
2 Top up with tonic or lemonade.
3 Add a dark chocolate straw or Mint Matchmaker.
4 Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint and slice of chilli
6. Amaretto Sour
A cracking cocktail combination.
- Gin Bothy Amaretto Liqueur – 50 ml
- Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice – 25 ml
- Sugar Syrup – 15 ml
- Egg White – Half an egg’s worth
1 Pour the Amaretto into a shaker with lemon juice, sugar syrup and ice.
2 Strain through a hawthorn strainer into a coupette glass.
3 Add the egg white to the shaker and dry shake.
4 Double strain to remove the bubbles and grate honeycomb on top.
7. Raspberry Fizz
Excellent when paired with a delicious dessert!
- Gin Bothy Raspberry Liqueur – 35 ml (or double up if you want an extra fruity gin fizz!)
- Prosecco or Champagne
- Fresh Raspberries
- A Sprig of Fresh Mint
1 Add the Gin Bothy Raspberry Liqueur to a Champagne flute glass.
2 Top up with Prosecco or Champagne.
3 Add fresh raspberries.
4 Garnish with a sprig of mint.
Handcrafted in the Glens of Angus
Please drink responsibly. You must be over 18 to purchase products containing alcohol.
Enjoy the convenience of having The Sunday Post delivered as a digital ePaper straight to your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Subscribe for only £5.49 a month and enjoy all the benefits of the printed paper as a digital replica.Subscribe