Thanks to tracklements.co.uk for this delightful recipe.
Cooking time: 1 hour
Serves: 4 to 6
For the béchamel
- 50g butter
- 50g plain four
- 750ml whole milk
- ¼tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 100g grated Parmesan
- salt and pepper For the filling
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 250g Swiss chard, roughly chopped leaves and stems
- 125g fresh lasagne sheets
- 3 courgettes, thinly sliced lengthways
- 150g goats’ cheese, thinly sliced
- 250g Tracklements Caramelised Red Onion Relish (RRP £3.95)
- Handful toasted, chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F
- Melt butter over a moderate heat, stir in flour and cook out for 1 min. Gradually add milk, whisking continuously. Cook for about 5 mins until smooth and thickened. Add nutmeg, Parmesan and season to taste.
- Add olive oil to a frying pan, add garlic and cook for 30 seconds before adding chard and generous pinch of salt. Sauté for 2-3 mins until wilted.
- Cook lasagne sheets as per packet instructions, drain and put to one side.
- Add a third of the béchamel sauce to the base of a medium-size baking dish, top with a third of the sliced courgette, goats’ cheese and half of the chard. Add a third of the Caramelised Red Onion Relish, dotting it around with a teaspoon, top with a layer of lasagne sheets.
- Repeat the layering as before, using up the remaining chard. Top lasagne with the remaining béchamel, goats’ cheese, Caramelised Red Onion Relish and sliced courgette.
- Sprinkle over the walnuts and bake in the oven for 45 mins until golden brown and bubbling.
Enjoy the convenience of having The Sunday Post delivered as a digital ePaper straight to your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Subscribe for only £5.49 a month and enjoy all the benefits of the printed paper as a digital replica.Subscribe