Travel is truly one of life’s greatest pleasures. From getting lost in exotic locations to finding yourself in unexpected adventures, travel is more than just the destination. It’s about the journey.
Some Sunday Post online content is funded by outside parties. The revenue from this helps to sustain our independent news gathering. You will always know if you are reading paid-for material as it will be clearly labelled as “Partnership” on the site and on social media channels,
This can take two different forms.
This means the content has been paid for and produced by the named advertiser.
“In partnership with”
This means the content has been paid for and approved by the named advertiser but written and edited by our own commercial content team.
10 years of comfort, convenience and coach holidays from Scotland
For Kevin Miller and Claire Davidson of Eclipse Breaks, the last 10 years have been quite the journey. Kevin and Claire are the directors of Glasgow-based coach tour company Eclipse Breaks. A family-run business, Eclipse Breaks is a travel specialist with group packages and coach tours. Travellers can enjoy unique perks, such as comfortable seating in modern coaches with air conditioning and climate control, and overnight accommodation in hand-picked hotels with dinner, bed and breakfast included.
Want to feel like a VIP? On all holidays of five nights or more and on all festive holidays, Eclipse Breaks offers complimentary door-to-door pickup.
This year, the team at Eclipse Breaks are celebrating their ten year anniversary. From memories of their first group trip to exciting entertainment, here are 10 facts you may not know about this fantastic Scottish travel operator.
10 lessons learned from 10 years of travel with Eclipse Breaks
- Sometimes, you just can’t beat a classic. Eclipse Breaks’ first ever holiday destination was St Annes and it has since become a customer favourite. In fact, thousands of travellers have booked coach holidays to St Annes over the last decade.
- Travelling can and should be a relaxing, even indulgent experience. Eclipse Breaks was the first Scottish company to offer free door-to-door collection on some of its coach tours. This VIP concept is still central to its offerings a decade later.
- Sometimes a solo trip is just what you need. Travelling solo is a great way to explore but can often come with irritating supplemental charges. Solo Eclipse hosted holidays are available to solo travellers with no single room supplement to pay, making your next adventure even more affordable.
- Holidays don’t need to break the bank. Eclipse Breaks offers its customers low deposits. In fact, most holidays can be booked for only £60!
- Now more than ever it’s important to be aware of your environmental impact. Travelling via a coach holiday from Scotland results in a smaller carbon footprint than flying. Eclipse Breaks are keen to offer this more conscientious way of travel:
A coach is about 3.7 times the size of a car and can carry 25 times the number of people with the same amount of emissions. ” -Kevin Miller, Eclipse Breaks
- Look for unique experiences when booking a holiday. When searching for a holiday with Eclipse Breaks you will always find new and exciting tours to choose from. In addition to trusted classic destinations, new destinations and events are being added all the time. From medieval castles to a three-day tour culminating in a sold-out Andre Rieu performance, there is something to suit everyone.
- Book a holiday with personalised support. Eclipse Breaks prides itself on being a family-run business that values its customers. Owners Kevin and Claire both personally speak to customers and take bookings over the phone, offering you a tailored and personal experience.
- The best-selling seaside destination in 2023 may be closer than you think. The top choice for a coach holiday from Scotland is Llandudno, Wales’ largest seaside resort. Llandudno is a picturesque coastline dotted with charming towns, postcard piers and surrounding sparkling waters. A place for a summertime ice cream and a cooling dip in the sea, this beautiful slice of Wales is not to be missed.
- You can travel through Europe and avoid expensive airfare. Eclipse Breaks coach holidays stretch over Scotland, England, Wales, Ireland, Northern Ireland, France, Germany, Holland and Belgium.
- Support a local, family-run business. As the company has grown, so has the family at Eclipse Breaks. When the team first started, the business was their baby. A decade later, owners and management Kevin, Hayley and Claire have four children between them. From their family to yours, the team at Eclipse Breaks thanks you for 10 years of travel.
Eclipse Breaks celebrates 10 years of travel and looks forward to the years to come. Considering a coach holiday in Scotland? Leave the hassle of the airport and roadways behind, and enjoy your next adventure in comfort and style with Eclipse Breaks.
Enjoy the convenience of having The Sunday Post delivered as a digital ePaper straight to your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Subscribe for only £5.49 a month and enjoy all the benefits of the printed paper as a digital replica.Subscribe