Delicious and easy to bake, this is truly a bread of heaven!
Thanks to food writer and chef Claire Thomson and Pukka Herbs for this recipe.
Cooking time: 1 hour
- 3 or 4 very ripe, brown and freckled bananas, mashed, plus one banana sliced in three lengthways
- 75g butter
- 75g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp malt extract (or brown sugar)
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp Pukka Cacao Maca Magic latte mix (or cacao powder)
- Pinch of salt
- 180g rye flour (or wheat, spelt or wholemeal flour)
- Preheat oven to 180C/Gas mark 4
- Grease 10 x 20cm loaf tin with butter or oil
- Melt butter in pan or microwave. In a big bowl, mix the melted butter, cacao latte blend, mashed banana, beaten egg, sugar and malt extract together with a wooden spoon.
- Sprinkle baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Add the rye flour and mix to combine.
- Pour the mix into prepared loaf tin. Arrange the three banana lengths on top.
- Bake for 40-45 mins, or until a skewer comes clean from the centre of the cake.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from the tin.
Enjoy the convenience of having The Sunday Post delivered as a digital ePaper straight to your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Subscribe for only £5.49 a month and enjoy all the benefits of the printed paper as a digital replica.Subscribe