Cooking time: 1 hour
- 100g extra virgin olive oil
- 200g minced onion
- 1 can Mutti finely chopped tomatoes (400g Polpa)
- 300g cup water
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 lbs extra-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 170g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Warm the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and cook onions, stirring occasionally until soft, for around seven minutes.
- Increase the heat to high and stir in tomatoes, water, oregano, red pepper and vinegar and stir well. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer until thick, about 20 to 30 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- While the tomato sauce is still hot, add the shrimp to the sauce and stir together. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the mixture into an oven-proof baking dish, distributing the shrimp evenly.
- Crumble the feta on the top. Bake until the shrimp are cooked and the sauce is bubbling around the edges, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
For more recipes, visit mutti-parma.com
Enjoy the convenience of having The Sunday Post delivered as a digital ePaper straight to your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Subscribe for only £5.49 a month and enjoy all the benefits of the printed paper as a digital replica.Subscribe